Tired of entering your password all the time? SkipLock lets you skip past the lock screen when you’re connected to a designated wifi or bluetooth device. When you’re at home or in your car, your phone is safe and you don’t need to be typing in your password all the time. When you’re connected to your wifi network, or a trusted bluetooth device, you can go straight to the home screen when you press the power button. You can even have it keep the phone unlocked while you’re connected to a bluetooth keychain, headset, or car. As soon as the phone gets out of range, it locks.
SkipLock is the leading password convenience app on the market. It’s focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn’t quite right.
SkipLock is a complete rewrite of the popular Unlock With WiFi. Major improvements have been made. Here is a full explanation of why it was rewritten.
Some of the features in SkipLock:
- Pattern and face unlock supported on rooted devices
- Completely redesigned Android 4+ user interface
- No background service = less memory usage and more reliable
- No status bar icon required (but it’s still an option). Tray-only notifications also an option.
- If you have notifications enabled, you can tap the notification to instantly lock the device
- Automatically turn on/off wifi
- Automatically turn on/off bluetooth
- Automatically turn on/off sync
- WidgetLocker integration
- Low memory usage and minimal impact on battery life
- Can save your battery if you let it automatically turn off wifi, bluetooth, and sync
- Only passwords or PINs are supported on non-rooted devices
- If your employer enforces a password policy on your phone, the app won’t work. This is the case for many corporate Exchange users. If your phone is rooted, you may be able to avoid this problem.
- This app doesn’t work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
- The app doesn’t unlock when connected to Bluetooth LE devices. Only regular Bluetooth devices.
- The app is not compatible with Motorola Skip or Dots.
- Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
- To uninstall, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won’t work.
- SkipLock is not compatible with Go Locker or any other app that controls the lock screen, except for WidgetLocker.
- Galaxy S 5: Fingerprint scanner is not supported.
Please read the FAQ before you install this app
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement. It’s pretty standard stuff.